Monday, August 6, 2012

I like to move it, moov it

My goal, since starting this blog right before classes began, was to update daily... with a long post, short post, photograph, quotation, random musing… something.
However, I find that once I start writing a new post it’s difficult to stop.  I simply don’t have time to write an entire chapter every night, so tonight I will practice brevity.
Ankle update:


When I went to bed last night, I could barely put weight on my right foot.  Then, I woke up this morning to find that I was sort of miraculously healed.  The swelling was still there, but walking did not hurt at all!  I was completely relieved.  Still, I went to the health center during one of my free periods and Tara, the friend I was running with at the time of the unfortunate incident, bandaged me up.  She also gave me a tube of “moov,” a topical pain reliever for sprains and strains.  I find this name incredibly ironic.  “Moo” reminds me of a cow, but cows here are most certainly not expected to “moov” anywhere.  I have seen cows sleeping in the middle of the road, making two (and by two I mean, like, five) lanes of traffic swerve around them.  They should thank God they’re holy.
Also unlike a cow, “moov” smells wonderfully winterfreshy.  I’m sniffing the tube right now (shhhh).
Other Indian products are more amusing than aromatic.  For instance, when I went to the grocery yesterday, I was looking at various herbs and spices.  Many of the packages advertised the fact that their contents were “hygienic.”  Hmm.  If something is being sold in a semi-legitimate store, I’m going to assume that the product is hygienic, but you know what they say about the word “assume”…
It could make you sick.
If “hygienic” needs to be displayed as largely as the product name itself, I’m going to actively avoid purchasing that item.
On the other hand, here is an item that I would strongly consider purchasing solely because of its description:

Because honestly, I often find that I am dripping with so much desire for the Irish that I really need a place in which to contain it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment